Speech-Language Pathologists diagnose and treat various types of communication, swallowing and cognitive disorders. Both individual and group therapy are available to address the individual treatment needs of each client.
Legacy Healthcare offers treatment for the following:
- Aphasia – A language disorder resulting from a deficit (e.g., stroke) in the left hemisphere of the brain
- Dysarthria – Weakness of the oral musculature that causes various degrees of slurring of speech
- Speech disorders resulting from progressive neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease
- Deficits in thought processing and/or language
- Dysphagia – Difficulty in eating due to swallowing deficits