Legacy provides a variety of rehabilitative based health and fitness programs that complement healthy living and address many of the common declines the senior population experience. It is our mission to actively recruit participation into our LiveWell programs and to make all participants feel comfortable regardless of age or current fitness level. LiveWell programs provide the resources, motivation and support needed for allowing participants to reach their individual goals. LiveWell encompasses educational health talks, fitness classes and events.
Wellness – Resident Benefits
The inherent benefits of wellness programs make a positive impact in the lives of older adults. Research is continually demonstrating the dramatic improvements sedentary older adults can see in their independence, fitness level and emotional health.
Legacy Healthcare Services, Inc. research has demonstrated measurable results in sedentary older adults from our therapeutic exercise programs in as little as twelve weeks.
- 133% improvement in lower body strength
- 62% improvement in upper body strength
- 43% improvement in lower body flexibility
- 14% improvement in upper body flexibility
- Improved stability and balance
- Improved cardiovascular endurance
The impact of improved physical ability translates into key factors that improve the quality of life of older adults.
- Increased levels of independence
- Reduction in falls
- Reduction of chronic pain
- Reduction in episodes of incontinence
- Improved cognitive function
In addition to the physical benefits of exercise, older adults will see the positive effect of exercise and health promotion programs in other ways.
- Consistent with “Aging in Place”
- Elevates mood and reduces depression
- Improved self-esteem
- Encourages social interaction
- Improves resident/caregiver relationship
- Empowers the resident to be proactive towards their health