In Occupational Therapy the client works toward maximizing independence, whether it be through re-learning to perform daily activities, or by instruction of others to provide assistance in self-care activities. The focus of Occupational Therapy is to enable the person to pursue a fulfilling and productive life.
Legacy Healthcare offers the following occupational therapy programs:
- Dementia Management
- Self-care: eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, hygiene
- Functional mobility and body mechanics – bed, wheelchair, tub, commode, car, etc.
- Continence Management
- Home management including cooking, housekeeping, laundry, shopping
- Activities to restore upper extremity strength, gross and fine coordination, and hand function Upper extremity orthotics and splints
- Work simplification, energy conservation, and joint protection techniques
- Perceptual and cognitive skills
- Adaptive equipment for self-care, home management, mobility, and recreation
- Driving Safety Assessment
- Visual Impairments
- Community Mobility
- Home modification recommendations